What you get [got]:
A room with a view, a month of your life, art (your own)And well more practically,a gorgeous light filled industrial room w/ floor to ceiling windowsplenty of powerleft alone / 24 hour workspaceUp to 15 hours/mo access to our main studio space w/ sprung floor, lighting, sound. Additional dance studio rental hours and access to other equipment (such as 24″ epson printer, and media equipment) by special arrangement and modest charge.tea kettle and a fridge of one’s own[WAS] located in the inimitable sunshine biscuit factory complex (many acres of post-industrial goodness). [our new space is in richmond, near bridge art and storage.
2 optional chances to share ideas / work in progress:
a studio showing of work in progress to others in the project space program sometime during your month
an installation / studio exhibition at the end of your month or in the next milkbar salon
How to apply:
Send us a brief project proposal (under a page would be great), a short bio or CV as a pdf, and links to recent work-samples. Our email is [email protected]
Application deadlines – CURRENTLY CLOSED. THIS INFO IS FOR HISTORICAL PURPOSES ONLY.
- What it costs:$300 for the month.Subject to scheduling availability, there is also the possibility of scheduling additional rehearsal time in the main studio ($8/hr), and use of our 24″ large format printer ($4/sf).
- How to visit: email us and we can arrange a visit, or come to the next salon
- More about the projects room: It’s a lovely totally seperate work room about 14′ x 40′ that shares a common wall with our main studio space. We use it for special projects that need periods of time to build / assemble / play.
- selected recent residents & projects:
- Abby Crain and David Buuck
- ALICE arts (Helen Stolzfus and Albert Greenberg)
- Sheena Johnson / rebel home
- Daniel Konhauser
- Lauren Baines
- Gillian Garro and Evangel King
- Rachel Holdt
- Laurie Halsey Brown and the senseofplacelab
- Erin Malley / malleabledance theater
- Arielle Brown
- Heather Frasch and Afrooz Family
- the labor and accident project of blindsight / paige starling sorvillo (a joint project with subterranean art house)
- David Coll, Ricardo Rivera and Kim Anno
- mary armentrout’s the woman invisible project
- ian winters memory table project